Commonly known as terra-cotta (Latin for baked earth), ceramic cladding is a popular choice among custom builders because of its durability and versatility, not to mention the high aesthetic value it adds. Made solely from natural materials, ceramic cladding can be architectured to convey a classic finish or something more contemporary, recreating the artistry and finish of sculpted stone such as marble or granite.
KLAY offers facade tiles in various textures, colours, and designs, allowing you to choose a facade finish that will perfectly complement the architectural design of the building.
What is Ceramic Facade Cladding?
Choosing the perfect facade of a building based on what it wishes to convey is far more important than anyone realises. It’s more than just an exterior defence that protects the building, but also a piece of art that influences the environment around it.
Ceramic facade cladding is a highly functional and contemporary solution with exceptional aesthetic and mechanical components. It allows builders to achieve various facade finishes with the use of noticeable and concealed additions as part of the overall design of the building.
Exterior walls require highly durable tiles that can withstand extreme weather conditions; this is why ceramic wall cladding is a popular choice in modern buildings and renovations. In addition to this, ceramic facade offers all the benefits that come with eco-friendly building materials such as being lightweight and having optimal thermal and fire insulation.
Kerashape Facade System
Kerashape facade system is a collection of glazed and unglazed stoneware ceramic tubular ‘baguettes’ that offer designers a wide variety of options to incorporate three-dimensional screening elements into a facade design.
With its extensive range, Kerashape is perfect for setting highlights and helping designers achieve whatever concept their clients want to achieve. The lamellar elements, corner profiles, and rectangular tubes are great features to achieve an aesthetic corner design and at the same time get visual or sun protection.
Specialised individual shapes are also possible with Kerashape, subject to technical considerations. The standard shapes include:
- 60x60mm in a square profile (available in lengths up to 1800 mm)
- 60x50mm rectangular profile (available in lengths up to 1800 mm)
- 100x50mm elongated profile (available in lengths up to 1500mm)
- 140x60mm elliptical lamellar profile (available in lengths up to 1200mm)
Ceramic Wall Cladding
Ceramic wall cladding is the best way to enhance the aesthetic look of buildings and homes. They are highly versatile and have remarkable mechanical characteristics making them in demand. Some benefits of ceramic cladding include:
- Highly durable: One of its most significant benefits, ceramic claddings are highly resistant to extreme weather conditions, making exterior ceramic cladding the perfect choice for your building.
- Easy to maintain: One of the major concerns with cladding is the maintenance cost, but ceramic claddings require very little maintenance and normally does not stain. They are also easy to clean, perfect for interior ceramic cladding use.
- Eco-friendly: Made from natural materials, ceramic cladding is safe for the environment and can be easily recycled, helping you reduce your carbon footprint.
Insulation features: Ceramic claddings also have notable thermal and noise insulation properties that make them the perfect choice for domestic and industrial use.