Commonly known as terracotta (Latin for baked earth), ceramic cladding is a popular choice among for architects and developers because of its durability and versatility, not to mention the high aesthetic value it adds. Made solely from natural materials, ceramic cladding can be designed to convey a classic finish or something more contemporary, recreating the artistry and finish of sculpted stone such as marble or granite.
KLAY offers facade tiles in various textures, colours, and designs, allowing you to choose a facade finish that will perfectly complement the architectural design of the building.
What is Ceramic Facade Cladding?
The perfect facade design is informed by the architect’s design intent, streetscape and planning considerations. The facade is more than just an exterior defense that protects the building, but also a piece of art that influences the environment around it.
Ceramic facade cladding is a highly functional and contemporary solution with exceptional aesthetic attributes underpinned by sound technical traits including mechanical fixings. It allows architects to achieve various facade finishes through the use of systems sophisticated in their design but easy to install.
Exterior walls require highly durable tiles that can withstand extreme weather conditions; this is why ceramic wall cladding is a popular choice for both modern buildings and renovations. In addition to this, ceramic facades offer all the benefits that come with eco-friendly building materials such as being made wholly from natural products, having optimal thermal and fire insulation and being fully recyclable.
Kerashape Facade System
Kerashape facade system is a collection of glazed and unglazed stoneware ceramic tubular ‘baguettes’ that offer architects a wide variety of options to incorporate three-dimensional elements into a facade design.
With its extensive range, Kerashape is perfect for setting highlights, providing surface articulation, creating shade protection and for the formation of fascinating shadowing effects created by the play of sunlight as it crosses the facade through the course of a day. The lamellar elements, corner profiles, and rectangular tubes provide a complete system including the creation of professional corner treatments.
Kersashape standard shapes include:
- 60x60mm in a square profile (available in lengths up to 1800 mm)
- 60x50mm rectangular profile (available in lengths up to 1800 mm)
- 100x50mm elongated profile (available in lengths up to 1500mm)
- 140x60mm elliptical lamellar profile (available in lengths up to 1200mm)
Specialised individual shapes are also possible with Kerashape subject to technical considerations and minimum quantity requirements. Speak to a KLAY representative to find out more.
Ceramic Wall Cladding
Ceramic wall cladding is the best way to achieve the optimal balance between beautiful aesthetics, low maintenance and façade longevity for both new builds and renovations of high and low rise buildings. Modularised systems are highly versatile and mechanical fixing systems ensure safety from falling components.
Some of the benefits and features of ceramic cladding include:
- Highly durable: Agrob Buchtal ceramic claddings are resistant to extreme weather conditions and will not fade or crack in high sun and low temperature environments making ceramic cladding the perfect choice for your building façade.
- Insulation features: Ceramic claddings also have notable thermal and noise insulation properties that make them the perfect choice for commercial uses.
- Easy to maintain: Agrob Buchtal ceramic claddings require little to no maintenance. By virtue of their proprietary Hytect surfaces they have a self cleaning aspect and discourage the adherence of pollution and the growth of bacteria, mould and fungi.
- Eco-friendly: Made from natural materials, ceramic cladding is safe for the environment and can be easily recycled, helping you reduce your carbon footprint.