Ceramic baguettes are hollow ceramic elements in long-format that are secured with special holders. In cases where specific requirements are needed such as fall protection, they can be interweaved onto an aluminium tube and hooked to the structure with object-related holders.
KLAY offers European brand ceramic baguettes KeraShape by German manufacturer Agrob Buchtal. They can be used for glazed ceramic cladding and unglazed ceramic cladding. Special systems such as screening elements were developed to support the needs of ceramic baguettes.
KeraShape is a Versatile Facade Cladding Material
KeraShape is a range of glazed and unglazed ceramic tubular baguettes stoneware that gives designers a wide array of options to integrate three-dimensional screening elements into a facade design. It is available in elliptical, square, and rectangular lamellar profiles with 70 different colours from the Natura and SpectraView colour series. Mounting configurations include solutions for both horizontal and vertical orientations.
KeraShape facade cladding is perfect as a stand-alone facade or as facade elements that can be combined with our KeraTwin panels, glazing, and other surface treatments. It can also be used for mechanical ventilation grilles, sun screening, and the provision of general facade articulation, adding texture, depth, and delightful shadowing effects.
In addition, KeraShape also offers a wide range of standard shapes, formats (sizes), and lengths. Production of individually customised shapes can also be done subject to technical considerations. The standard shapes include tubular elements in a square 60x60mm profile and a rectangular profile of 60x50mm, which are both available in lengths up to 1800mm. An additional elongated rectangular profile of 100x50mm is available in lengths up to 1500mm. The final standard profile is the elliptical lamellar profile that has a dimension of 140x60mm in lengths up to 1200mm.
The Benefits of Ceramic Facades
Ceramic facades have become a popular choice among designers and architects due to the advantages they offer, including:
- Eco-friendly: It is made from natural raw materials, produced sustainably and recyclable.
- Highly durable: It can withstand extreme weather conditions, offers protection against harmful UV rays, is fire-proof, and is impact-resistant.
- Easy to maintain: One of the best things about ceramic facades such as KeraTwin and KeraShape is that they are low maintenance and graffiti-proof, making them the perfect building facade that can last for a long time.
- Cost-effective: Ceramic cladding can be installed on certain parts of the building or as a whole. It is also highly flexible and does not fade, making them a cost-efficient choice.
Ceramic Cladding Examples
Because of its versatility and remarkable mechanical characteristics, ceramic cladding has gained more and more popularity. It is not only highly customisable but also a sustainable construction material that is free from heavy metals and other harmful additives.
Wall cladding using ceramic tiles have been around since ancient Egyptian times. Nowadays, brick slip systems and ceramic cladding with terracotta tones are popular choices among builders and architects. Ceramic cladding with a rain screen is great at protecting a building structure against harsh elements while also providing an elegant finish.
With the wide variety of ceramic facade systems that KLAY offers in our KeraTwin and KeraShape alone, architects and designers are filled with choices and can create hundreds of design options.
- The KeraShape elements are available in a wide range of colours and finishes, including a range of glazed satin matt and gloss colours and unglazed colours.
- The SpectraView series, developed by Peter Zoernack, a renowned European colour designer, comprises nine elegantly coordinated uniform matt and glazed satin colour families and ten vibrant gloss and matt contrasting colours. The nine coordinated colour families include Yellow, Salmon Red, Blue, Pink, Cream, Neutral Grey, Grey, Apricot, and Green family.
- The Natura Unglazed series is a collection of 15 natural earthy tones. This series resembles the classic colours of terracotta but is a more lasting and low maintenance ceramic stoneware material.
- The KeraShape screening elements are composed of concealed clamping systems, which may be deployed to achieve either a vertical or horizontal element orientation. Give us a call to receive further detailed advice on this.
Contact KLAY to Enquire About German Ceramic Cladding
For ceramic cladding materials, KLAY is one of the top agents of German ceramic cladding manufacturer Agrob Buchtal. Founded in 1755, Agrob Buchtal is one of the first and largest manufacturers of high quality ceramic building products worldwide.
With over 50 years of experience, Agrob Buchtal is not only the top European ceramic cladding manufacturer but also recognised as a world leader in the production and supply of top quality Stoneware ceramic panels for building facades and different structural applications.
Contact us now to know more about the range of European tiles and facades that we carry and how we can assist you in choosing the ceramic cladding that is suitable for your home or building requirements.